Creating positive charging experiences
The positive end-to-end charging experience for your customers
Electromobility is driving a cultural shift across the entire mobility industry. The development of electric cars is being propelled by the EU’s climate targets – no new combustion engines are to be approved from 2035 onwards, for example, and regulations in the aviation industry are also set to be tightened significantly. Infrastructure, investment costs and end-to-end customer experiences will play a central role in the context of electric cars. Success factors include a positive charging experience from start to finish and broad availability of charging options, especially where fleet vehicles are concerned. 30 percent of new registrations are fleet vehicles – and the trend is rising (link to German article).
Field report on electromobility (German blog post)
Here’s where we start – together & open to your challenge
As an E-Mobility Service Provider (EMSP) or Charge Point Operator (CPO), it is crucial to provide your private and fleet customers with a consistently positive charging experience:
Creating an optimal customer experience – from fleet to home
To provide fleet or private customers with a positive end-to-end charging experience – at home, at work or in public – what you need is the right IT solution: From finding the charging station (FIND) through actual charging (CHARGE) right up to consumption-based billing (PAY).
Typical e-mobility use cases at a glance
Workplace charging: Fleet customers charge at the workplace
- Fleet drivers can charge at a company charging station (RFID card, company RFID token, app, Plug&Charge).
- Based on the customer group, charging can be free (for company car drivers) or invoiced (for guests).
The EMSP ensures that the invoice is correct and sent to the correct customer group. They also take care of company-specific billing of charging events.
Home charging: Fleet customers charge at home
- The fleet driver starts a charging event at home at their wallbox. Private and business-related electricity use can be recorded separately.
The driver is reimbursed for the electricity used to charge at home – either as a lump sum, a percentage or the total amount.
The entire billing process between fleet driver and fleet company is coordinated via the EMSP.
Public charging: Fleet customers charge in public
- The fleet customer finds a suitable public charging station – anywhere in the world.
- The fleet driver charges at the public charging station (RFID card, app, Plug&Charge).
- The fleet company receives an invoice from the EMSP listing all the fleet driver’s charging events.
Public charging: Private customers charge in public
- The driver finds a suitable public charging station – anywhere in the world.
- The driver charges at the public charging station (RFID card, app, Plug&Charge).
- The customer pays for the completed charging event using the desired payment method and an invoice is issued.
How we work with you to create a positive end-to-end charging experience
With our IT and automotive expertise, we support you in designing a custom-fit solution for your customers and alleviating their ‘range anxiety’. This includes end-to-end implementation of your charging services and solutions. doubleSlash knows and understands the electromobility ecosystem.
- Product management support (market analyses, business model consulting)
- Process and IT design (customer journey, requirements management, end-to-end processes)
- Agile software development with assurance
- Connection of CPOs and EMSPs
- Operation of the e-mobility solution
- Scaling and international rollouts
- Current standards and protocols (such as OCPI, OCHP, OICP and eMIP)
Results and artifacts:
- You get coordinated, workable e-mobility processes.
- You are provided with individual software components (POI system, billing component) or a complete end-to-end e-mobility charging solution (charge point management system, e-mobility service backend, white-label solution).
What we bring to the table:
- The established doubleSlash reference model for e-mobility.
- Good practices from over 10 years’ experience in e-mobility projects.
- Experience in the international integration of more than 100 CPOs.
- A large and reliable partner network in the e-mobility ecosystem.