Modern software development with DevOps
Visualising requirements fosters comprehensive understanding within the project
The requirements translated in the software design phase are integrated into the software development process. There are many ways of doing this, but agile methods have gained prominence due to their many advantages. To ensure smooth programming in an agile environment, developers need to have unrestricted access to resources that are typically reserved for IT operations.
This has given rise to a new form of organisation for the software development process, known as DevOps. A vital prerequisite is the availability of suitable platforms that make it easier for developers to manage resources such as databases or application servers.
If these resources are not available to developers, the entire project timeline can be significantly disrupted. In a modern environment, developers not only require servers for the target environment but also a range of software services that enable an automated build pipeline.
Agility right from the software development stage
The quality of the software must be a top priority right from the programming stage. Our extensive experience has shown that poor quality source code comes at a high cost.
That's why we place our trust in automated development pipelines at doubleSlash, allowing us to regularly monitor code quality.
Modern software development with DevOps does not have to be a closed book. Benefit from the transparency we bring to the development process with tools that deliver measurable results at any time.
Operation and maintenance
When crafting software systems, it’s crucial to consider how they will be operated and maintained in future. This ensures that your software is efficient and sustainable.
Software development with DevOps – our best practices
With an extensive portfolio of software projects and years of experience in software development, we’ve collected a wealth of best practices – especially for modern software development with DevOps:
- PaaS (Platform as a Service) gives developers on-demand access to new servers.
- The build pipeline is established during the initial development phase, automating all integration steps.
- Adopting a ‘test first’ approach (test-driven development) helps to find errors as early as possible.
- The build and packaging process is continuously automated, constantly detecting and reporting integration issues.
- Early warning of emerging problems is crucial.
- Immediate automated testing identifies errors in a timely manner.
- Continuous delivery ensures there is always a functional version available for demonstrations, testing or sales presentations.
- The system's swift response to faulty or incomplete code promotes responsible coding practices and shorter check-in intervals.
- The effort involved in module integration is low thanks to continuous integration.
- Daily progress reports on development and quality using Sonar and Jenkins.
doubleSlash is your partner for modern software development with DevOps
What we offer you:
- Setup and configuration of static code analysis (e.g. SonarQube) with predefined quality standards
- Setup of a central artifact repository for package management (including release management)
- Creation and configuration of an automated build process
- Test-driven programming of software modules (Java and .NET)
- Interface programming using RESTful APIs
Tested and certified for use in your company
Are you looking to implement a software project using cutting-edge development methods? Get in touch!
Our team of highly skilled software developers employs the latest methods and tools to translate your requirements into a tailored IT solution. Get in touch!
Senior Software Developer
+49 7541 70078-733