Smooth communication of connected services in the vehicle
According to Gartner, in 2020 one in five cars will be a connected car and thus telematics-enabled. With Connected Mobility Services for the automotive industry, we are driving the mobility of the future. We design and develop connected services for autonomous driving, shared mobility and support the expansion of electric mobility. We make sure that processes and IT backend systems interlock – for an ideal mobility experience for the customer. The global market potential of internet-based functions in connected cars is estimated at almost 123 billion euros for 2021.
Connected car services enable the activation of functions over-the-air. These telematics services on demand offer measurable added value for customers and form the basis for innovative digital business models. Connected mobility services also enable data-driven approaches from the field of predictive maintenance with the aim of reducing malfunctions or risks through pattern recognition.
Connected Car: Do these questions sound familiar to you?
- It is your task to integrate new connected car services into the existing backend landscape?
- Do you need to check the technical and functional feasibility?
- Do you need procedural support in implementing these services?
- Are you concerned with how you can roll outconnected car services internationally, quickly and in a structured process on the market?
- Are you facing the challenge of being part of the agilisation process in your company, also against the backround of predefined decision and control processes in the group?
- Would you like to test an MVP connected car service on the market, but don't want to take the risk it won't be ready for series production or productive afterwards?
Connected car services - from user to backend
doubleSlash is your partner for Connected Car Services
We pursue the strategy of a consistent microservice IT architecture, which is operated within PaaS environments such as Azure, AWS or on-premise solutions. We design and develop connected car services in a sustainable manner by placing value on expandability and maintainability from the very beginning. Our solutions are based on proven technology stacks and integrate optimally into the existing IT landscape – using our Automotive Cloud and these methods:
- Design thinking, conception and IT design as well as consulting around the processes for connected car services
- Billing and payment systems when using pay-per-use or subscription management. Subscription models instead of one-time purchase for shared mobility use cases for different drivers in the car-pooling approach
- Compliance with safety and standardisation requirements for series production
- On-demand availability of services and information, especially in the absence of network coverage, as well as concepts for high availability of high-load systems and safety through redundancies
- Securing and bringing MVPs into production in various cloud environments
- Processing and evaluation of large amounts of data as well as definition of technical key figures to evaluate the use of the individual connected mobility services – if required, further evaluations using AI methods
- DevOPs development
- Establishment of IT infrastructures for the transmission of telematics data and the creation of digital reproductions of more than one million vehicles (Digital Twins)
Your benefits at a glance:
- Efficient, automated process flows across many interface partners:
Clearly defined and integrated Schnittstellen interfaces to internal and external systems ensure trouble-free and efficient process flows. The core is a low weight and robust API IT design. Through API documentation with sequence diagrams, Swagger API and subsequent active monitoring with tools such as Kibana or Dynatrace, we have developed highly available individual solutions that have proven themselves in the connected mobility services environment.
- Different requirements – ONE solution:
An individual concept for your connected mobility services ensures that your regional and international requirements, as well as different vehicle configurations, are considered. In accordance with the training philosophy at doubleSlash, our colleagues are certified in requirements management IREB, software design and the software architecture ISAQB. This guarantees the use of proven best practices and standardised process models in software development.
- Implementing and testing new services for a better customer experience:
The integration of third-party providers helps you to offer your customers new value-added services and improve the user experience. By integrating over 100 content providers from more than 30 countries into different backend architectures, we have developed our own Connected Mobility Services best practices in implementation through Continuous Testing. As a result, external services or ranges of services can be easily integrated into the product or the core service offered.
- Quality management and operation:
Automated as well as manual tests ensure the quality level of your process flows and offer you maximum security for your solution. Through a continuous delivery process we quickly deliver high-quality software.
“In several years of cooperation, we have got to know doubleSlash as a competent and goal-oriented IT partner. The processes and methods for securing the Porsche Connect service portfolio were essentially co-developed and efficiently implemented by doubleSlash. By defining and agreeing service levels with suppliers, doubleSlash also made a valuable contribution to ensuring that the high expectations of our Porsche Connect customers are fulfilled.”
Johannes Weigold // Porsche Connect Sales & Operations // Porsche AG